As of October 2015 all new lunches will only be posted on Instagram (and shared on Twitter).

31 March 2013

Welcome Back Game of Thrones!

Game of Thrones returns tonight and of course some of the Edible Geekery crew decided we needed to celebrate with a mini hop! After you’re done here, click on the button at the bottom to head on over to see what’s going on at BentoForKidlet!

I had a million and a half ideas of what I wanted to do. I’ve watched some previews and have looked at tons of pictures for Season 3 and when I saw that two of my favorite young British actors are joining the show representing House Reed I knew I had to continue the trend from my past GoT lunches and do a lunch for their family:


image

I’ve seen several different versions of the House Reed crest but it always has a gatorish lizardish type black creature on a green background so I used a cookie cutter and some coloring and my mini letter cutters to turn some provolone into a crest. It’s sitting on top of some ravioli with some Mini-Oreos and cocktail sausages in the small compartments.

And I couldn’t help the little shout-out to Eddard Stark. After all, House Reed has been devoted to House Stark for thousands of years ….

In case you haven’t seen them, here are the original four:


image


Now, don’t forget to go check out the rest of the hop!


image

No comments:

Post a Comment