As of October 2015 all new lunches will only be posted on Instagram (and shared on Twitter).

11 August 2012

Gluten-Free Tomato Pancake Cheese Rolls

A few days ago I had the idea of making savory pancakes and tonight I finally did! While I was mixing them up I thought it might be extra-awesome to wrap them around mozzarella … and it was!

It went together quite easily:

1 cup Gluten-Free Bisquick
6 ounces milk
1 egg
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
2 ounces pasta sauce

Combine all ingredients. Pour into heated pan. (I use an 1/8th cup scoop per pancake.) Flip like you would a normal pancake.

Unwrap and cut in half 6 mozzarella sticks/string cheese. Before pancakes cool (I did this step after every 3 made) wrap one pancake around one cheese stick half and secure with a toothpick (I found it best to sit them seam-side down while I made more).
I ended up with 12 total and put 3 in an Easy Lunchbox with the rest of my food for tonight!
3 Tomato Pancake Cheese Rolls with pasta sauce for dipping, Snapea Crips with french onion dip, Kinnikritters mixed with dried pineapple chunks and dried cranberries.



Linked up to:

No comments:

Post a Comment