As of October 2015 all new lunches will only be posted on Instagram (and shared on Twitter).

31 August 2012

Doctor Who Blog Hop -- Waiting for Who

You have no idea how long I’ve been waiting for this hop! We’ve done quite a few hops with the Bento Bloggers & Friends group but this? Oh … this one makes me all sorts of wibbly wobbly inside.
Unless you’re a new follower, you have probably guessed by now that I’m a huge Doctor Who fan. Waiting for this hop (and the new season!) has left me feeling a bit like poor little Amelia Pond sitting in the back yard waiting for that beloved Vworp-Vworp sound of the TARDIS. In fact, it was that feeling that inspired my lunch:


image

Well, that feeling and this screen capture:


image

Now, my John is only six years old and has a tendency to not think that he can handle anything that might be deemed as scary. He loves cartoon monsters and computerized zombies, but he isn’t real keen on any that appear “real” on tv. I figured that because of this I would have to wait at least a couple of years until I could really introduce him to Doctor Who. Thanks to bits and pieces and YouTube clips, though, John is becoming a little Whovian!


image

I was thrilled to finally be able to make him a Doctor-ed lunch and it has three of his favorites: a Dalek, Eleven, and an Adipose*.
*(Yes, I am fully aware that Ten was the one who met the Adipose. Same character. Different face. Your argument is invalid.)


Now click on the TARDIS and travel on over to see what’s going on over at Bento for Kidlet and then continue your travels from there! (I do highly recommend that you also take some time to check out her past Doctor Who posts!)


image



No comments:

Post a Comment